Did you know?
About 2 million people in the UK are known to have Diabetes.
There are many other people who are not aware until they are screened for diabetes.
Diabetes in ethnic minority communities is 4-6 times higher than it is in white communities
Don’t be at risk.
Early intervention prevents potential diabetic complications. Symptoms include:
- Increased and frequent thirst
- Passing water frequently, especially at night
- Blurred vision or sudden vision changes
- Extreme tiredness and Lethargy
- Genital itching
- Frequent episodes of thrush
- Sexual dysfunction
If diabetes is untreated, it can present very serious long-term health problems, which are preventable.
- Diabetes can be hereditary (genetic).
- Anyone can have diabetes.
- There is nothing like ‘mild’ diabetes.